Created: / Modified:
This page contains information regarding data collected by this website.
- In order to post a comment on any article on this site, or to use the automated email form, you are required to provide a username and a valid email address, which only I am able to view. Posting comments on this site or using the contact form will also reveal your IP address to me. I will only use your IP address for management purposes (i.e. if someone needs to be banned from using the comments), and I will only use your email address to contact you. Nobody else can see your email address, your IP address, or any messages sent to me using the automated email form, and I will not give any of this information to anyone else.
- This website runs on an Apache webserver. Under its current settings, it keeps a log of all access to the site, i.e. any time anyone clicks any link leading to this site, an entry is generated. All information collected in this manner is deleted after it has been stored for one month. Each entry contains:
- Your IP address.
- The date and time at which you accessed the site.
- What you were accessing/doing.
- A "referral" link, sent by your web browser, indicating the URL of the website you were getting it from (i.e. if you came here from a link on a Google search result, it contains the URL of the search result page).
- A header containing information sent by your web browser about the browser itself.