Rules for the Site
Created: / Modified:
- Don't flame/be a troll.
- Don't be an idiot.
- Don't spam. I mean this both in the sense of "sending unsolicited advertisements" and "flooding the screen with a lot of shit I don't want to see."
- Posts which serve no purpose except to point out a typo or error I made will may be removed once I have corrected the error (you won't be penalized at all), but probably not (as of 8 May 2011).
- Addendum 28 January 2010/3 August 2010: the 2048 character-limit (yes, I also changed the limit) is not an invitation to fill it, and you should take the hint rather than making something huge and rambling which must be split among multiple posts (see also rule #3). In other words, if you can't fit it all in one post, adjust your message until you can.
- Addendum 17 March 2010: No religion or politics in any way shape or form whatsoever. The first reason is that this only leads to violation of rule 1. The second reason is that this happens to be my website, and if it was, I'd want it to be about my religion and politics — and none of you wants that, do you?
- Addendum 19 July 2010: Do not mention what CAPTCHA you happened to get. Even if it's "9." It's just a kind of spam (see rule #3).
- Addendum 26 August 2013: Do not hotlink to images and files on my site (i.e [img=http://dizzy.pestermom.com/...] on a forum or whatever). If anything, link to the page itself. My site take a hit every time somebody loads the page where you've hotlinked an image, it means my site's ads don't get views, and I feel kind of insulted at directly linking to my site as if it was your personal repository for image macros. (I don't mind it when people re-upload them somewhere else for that purpose, though.)
Idiots, of course, do not know they are idiots, unless they secretly fall into the category of "flamer/troll,"2 and spambots aren't self-aware and wouldn't care about the rules if they were. Regardless: spam by both definitions, flames, one-word posts with obviously-fake emails, and complete and utter idiocy will instantly vanish off the face of the site. And by "instantly" I mean "as soon as I find them."
If for some reason I want to respond to your post's existence, i.e. for the purposes of telling you why I think it is idiotic ("You actually sounded like you were going to make an interesting point until you said that about my mother"/"Look, nobody wants to hear about your fantasies involving a Touhou/Spongebob crossover, connected only to my site by way of 'this reminds me of'"), I may merely replace it with a great big 'DELETED'. If you have nothing else to contribute, your IP address may be banned.
Please note that, while I'll try to at least look fair and I may give you a chance to defend yourself, it's all going by my subjective judgment. If you try to split hairs or explain that e.g. "you're a moron and you should kill yourself for writing such [expletive deleted]" isn't really breaking the rules, this falls under being an idiot.
Also note that all the above examples are comical exaggerations and I don't really expect things to happen exactly like that. Also, BOCTAOE. See also rule 2.
JUST BECAUSE THE ARCHIVES ARE NEW TO YOU DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE, THANK YOU.
1And e.g. bandodging or taking other measures to overturn my rule-enforcement makes me feel like you don't care about these rules or my authority as "the guy who owns this site and is paying its bills to let you see my content and post here," to the extent that I may take more drastic measures to prevent you from posting at all.
2One could make the case that all flamers/trolls are idiots, but that's a discussion for another context.