2009/12/25: Christmas Swag, Part 1
Created: / Modified:
So, I have had Christmas stuff so far with mom, stepdad, sister, and a friend of stepdad, at the house my mom and stepdad have built (it's nearly finished). I'm going to be going to my dad's house tomorrow for further festivities, and also have Christmas with my maternal grandmother on Sunday, in both cases weather permitting. Here's what I have gotten so far:
- Miscellaneous candy and snacks
- Money from my paternal grandmother (that is, my biological dad's mother)
- A 500-GB external hard drive from the family's "computer guru." (Old external drive, your contents shall sorely be missed. I'll take better care of this one, which I've named Yuuka.)
- A stuffed "comical" reindeer-head door-hanger. I have placed it on my outside doorknob in the hopes that it will get stolen. However, since this is a rather nice apartment building instead of a house in a bad part of town, I fear that this gesture shall be wasted. Good for "Alas, poor Bullwinkle" gags, I suppose ... I'd just as soon have it get eaten by a minotaur, though.
- A datebook, for July 2009-December 2010, which is better-made than my current one and hopefully won't just fall to bits at the first sign of damp.
- A fully-colored and -formatted copy of House of Leaves, duh. ;)1
I stole the show with a combination Crowning Moment Of Awesome/Funny/Heartwarming with my contribution: a Microsoft Word-made card, split into three, consisting of three separate messages to my mom, stepdad, and sister, all with a "Merry Christmas to One Family All Together" message when you put the pieces together.
I suppose I'd better get to work on cards for my dad and stepmother ... It can wait until after I'm done copying stuff onto the new hard drive, though.
1P.S., I have updated the code so that you don't need to put any special formatting around a particular two words ... also, say hello to the <rstrike> HTML-tag for the comments, available only on this page (at the moment), which does this.