2009/07/04: July the Fourth Be With You
Four score and a hundred 'n' fifty-three years ago, stuff happened. I've been mostly hiding from the various speeches and concerts and preaching that have been going on practically right outside my window (I live on my town's central square). So yeah.
- I appear to be not the only one who uses "MarisaMuffin" as my nick in places. For the record, I only use it at Walfas and Heavenly Pandemonium, so that isn't me on MySpace and VampireFreaks.
- A forum thread on the Roblox HQ crowing my Yuka's Love story as "omg teh best paring evurr." My favorite post is the one at the end where the guy says "I think they don't have enough in common to be a real couple."
- A post on Michael Jackson's death at a blog titled .:aqsikp, because he used my Light Yagami create.swf creation as occasionally seen in comic #19. My acknowledgement of this fact on said post seems to have excited him a bit. Interesting because this blog is fairly high on the Google search results — it was on the first page of my search for "dizzy.pestermom," and on the third for "KimikoMuffin" (buried under links to Walfas and MotK, etc).
- I was a bit surprised the first time I saw myself linked in TVTropes' fanfic recommendations for Touhou (Warning, link leads to TVTropes. Muffin will not be held responsible for hours of time lost as a result of following it.But see also this disclaimer) (this was a while ago), but I guess that just means I'm "out there" enough to get noticed.
- In fact, I link TVTropes often enough (i.e. "at least once," I guess) to appear in their Inbound links.
- An archive of a 4chan thread where someone linked my comic. Anonymous was generally unimpressed, which neither surprises nor disappoints me. We don't like each other much.
- Various out-of-date records of a chatroom "#fullyramblomatic" emphatically linking to my BOCTAOE page in its title. I suppose it might have been more ... proper to find an explanation which is more clearly attached to Scott Adams, who coined the term. But if it's the same "fullyramblomatic" as the one I'm thinking of, does that mean ...? Nah, couldn't be.
- A couple places where people linked directly to the image URL in my comic, rather than the comic's page itself. The reason this is not sensible is that, in the first example, the URL in question is http://dizzy.pestermom.com/thcomic/img.php?c=41&m=10&py1=309&py2=300&py5=350&py6=333&pt1=77&pt2=85&pt3=70&pt4=32&pt5=16&pt6=52&pt8=50&pt9=50&logo=l9d&color=6693376, for instance. Maybe I should do something more sensible for the URLs themselves ...
Previous: 2009/07/02: My manager accidentally the rest of my shift, part 2
Next: 2009/07/24: Random stuff
Back to Blog-Like Typing Detected
Back to Main Page